Sunday 2 September 2012

Crazy week

I am watching Call The Midwife while writing you to all. We have eaten our 'adult' dinner of turkish bread, dips, brie and olive oil/bush dust :) Mmmmm......

It has been a crazy week here. Aj has been on lock-up at the school and not home until 6ish each night. We got the calves on Tuesday and they need feeding twice daily. I feed the calves at 6.30 till 7am before the morning routine starts. I have been feeding the children at 4.30 getting them all ready for bed, giving the bubs a bottle and running out to do the evening feed. It seemed to be working, well that was until Thursday ;) A friend dropped in and our Father's Day craft took longer than thought; we had family arriving from Melbourne for the weekend and the school concert was on that night at 7. It was rush rush rush but all good.

Father's Day Craft. A bunch of
painted hands, and chocolates.

Feeding Shady while the others try and eat me or the bottle

A large name decorated for my niece for her belated
birthday. I highlighted a few of the butterflies on the paper
with ModPodge. I was really happy with the outcome.















It has been wonderful having my sister-in-law and nephew/niece over. The kids have loved having their cousins to play with. They were playing hide-n-seek today. So much fun helping them find hidey-holes. Brought back so much wonderful memories and so even I joined in too.

I babysat on Friday and Saturday. For payment: Meet Ravi, our new Brown Leghorn Rooster.

Photo
He came with a Brown Leghorn hen too but I couldn't find her at the time of taking pics :) They are a beautiful pair and just look at the colours in this rooster. Ravi is very friendly and was eating out of our hand today; not bad for having only been with us for 2 days.
Ok, the pics aren't uploading so I'll post them tomorrow :)

Sleep well all. I'm off. xox

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! What a busy week... and your new rooster - gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete