Sunday 30 September 2012

The sun was lovely!

Today has been a big day. We had a top of 13.1oC, though it felt a lot warmer. The sun was lovely!!!

It started with breakfast out. My mum is over and she offered to stay home the the kids. Now that was an experience, we ate a hot breakfast, hot coffee and we chatted without interruptions. Funny the things you appreciate when you have kids.

 We visited the local nursery on the way home and purchased 5 native trees and a few plants for my cottage garden. We are wanting to plant more trees to encourage the birds and to create a bit of a hedge from the main road. We have Callistemon, Bottlebrush & Melaleuca. The Daisies and Aster mix are for the garden at the front of the house. The little pink-flowered plant (in the left pic, can't remember their name) are for under the front fence, hopefully filling the gap between the concrete base of the original fence and the bottom of the new palings. It was lovely being out in the garden again, weeding where needed and imagining a full garden bed.

The other job I had today was building the chicks a new home. Their feathers are almost completely through and as I have new Barnevelder chicks coming tomorrow they need to give up their heat lamp. They are still in the shed and have a heavy blanket over them, especially at night. I know that I have to be prepared to lose one or two but I don't want to and am so looking forward to their first night being over and done with. I used an old tool box from the Waratah mines and put lattice top on it. The lid isn't secure but heavy enough to stay.


I am very proud of myself. The ideas in my head actually came out correctly and it worked! Just got to work on a hinged lid...a solid lid I think.

I found this on the net last week. How cool is it! An easy project. Terracotta pots, blackboard paint, string and you have some lovely pots for the home and as gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment