Monday 17 September 2012

Here’s to a Magnificent Monday!



9am - It has been a very interesting week to say the least.

-          MrW broke one of my large bushel jars with brown sugar in it.
-          MrT wrapped himself in the dining room curtains and pulled them off the wall when he tried to untangle himself
-          MissZ has found her the inner 3yr that isn’t so innocent
-          MissO pulled a coffee over my laptop and I now have a couple of sticky keys
-          I noticed this this morning that our oven has a few major cracks in the hot plate. I think it is from the weight of the milk so I’ll be oven shopping tomorrow.

I miss my man!!!  He should be home today. But if the weather was bad it could be tomorrow.  I’m hoping for today. I have been okay but I have just struggled with having to do the whole outside/inside routine for a week by myself, especially having kids at the age where they just don’t seem to get why I really do need them to help out more than normal. I have realised just how much we share the running of our family and what a support he is to me.

My blessings this week have been:
  • Having a friend and her 3 kids come and stay for a night. It was so nice to talk to an adult and not just the kids and animals(lol), and being able to chat and share craft ideas.
  •  Having my Aunty & Uncle from Melbourne pop in for a visit and bring a couple of bags full of fruit.
  •  MrT spending some time up with our neighbours. He had a ball "helping" with the general farm jobs and hanging out with them. He probably talked their ears off.
  • Having someone drop dinner off last night.

My morning routine, my ‘me’ time:
  • 6.30 alarm – hit snooze (this time MrT had turned it off and I overslept) 
  • Put milk on to heat
  • Make coffee for me and bottles for the babies
  • Give babies their bottles and head outside with instructions for MrT  to get them out of their cots and sleeping bags
  • Feed calves
  • Refill calves' water
  • Release an enthusiastic flock of chookens. 
  • Check their feed and water
  • Check on chicks
  • Let hen and ducklings out and check their feed and water
  • Come inside, another coffee and housework

Well the sun is out today and I have a more positive outlook. 
Here’s to a Magnificent Monday!


5pm - I have still not heard from Aj. It was find in practice to say 'But if the weather was bad it could be tomorrow (tuesday)' but i am trying not to worry.
I'm tired, and the kids have been really unsettled. I have a very tidy house though, I managed to just get into it today! Oh well, dinner time here now. Catch ya.


3 comments:

  1. I have just heard from Aj and he'll be home about 9pm tonight! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news xxxx sleep well with your family reunited! xx We are blessed to have great men!

    ReplyDelete