Thursday 13 September 2012

'Hi, thinking of you'


Today is International ‘R U OK?’ Day.

I have had depression for many years, diagonised when I was 14. For me it is a generational issue with my Grandfather having suffered greatly. I now know my triggers and can see the signs. Tireness, loneliness, a lack of vision of the future and having a mess about me where I can’t see the starting point... This latter is especially hard because of my chaoic creative way of thing. I have had to come to the realisation that I will never have the tidy/spotless house that I want because I have to use things, don’t always pack them up and that just isn’t me. Oh that and I have kids lol

I have seen so many facebook status updates today with the words ‘R U OK?’ To me, writing it as a status update is not asking. Social networking is not the place to being communicating that if you really want to know. It’s like sending a group message and hoping the receiver will think it was a personal text.

Call, text(make it personal), visit someone. You don’t have to ask if they are ok but just a ‘hi, thinking of you’ is better than nothing. For me today it was my neighbours (where we got the calves) dropping off some milk, saying hello, and going to look at the calves.
They then took MrT for a short while to sort some cows giving me a wonderful hour or so where I could knuckle down and get some housework done while the others slept/watched a movie.

I made this up today. I want to take the photos with a camera other than my phone and to add the ducklings and some daffodil flowers too. I have a couple of shelves on the kitchen dresser for my collection of yellow things. I find yellow so cheery and happy. The teapot pictured below is my latest find.


May you be encouraged and blessed this week xox

(I apologise for my grammar/spelling mistakes but my proof reader is currently somewhere between Cradle Mountain and Lake St Claire. Its a five day hike and he should be home Monday or Tuesday if snowed in a day. He'll blog about it when he is home.)




 Why hurry over beautiful things? Why not linger and enjoy them? Clara Schumann 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely, I wasn't ok yesterday. It was one of those days that one's brain feels clouded and supressed. For no reason at all, just that genetic factor of depression. I would have loved to pop over and drop in that photo in person and ask you how you are. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've just found your blog via Squiggly Rainbow. This was a lovely piece. And I have the same yellow teapot : ) I use it for fresh flowers rather than tea drinking though : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello, I follow your FB page :)
      The fact that you have the same teapot makes me smile. The previous owner used it for tea, I'm not sure...flowers or tea...the choices :)

      Delete
  3. reception better in this place. Thanks for this post. In a property next to this village, Neil's greatx5 grandfather lived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your honest and insightful sharing Mel :) xx

    ReplyDelete