Wednesday 25 July 2012

New chooks & more creations

Yay, it's Thursday tomorrow! Only two days until the weekend! 
I feel as though I have been dragging myself though this week. I have a little head cold. As Aj is out having a catch up with a mate, I'm just sitting here at the table making Christmas decorations, talking to my sister on the phone, and playing on the net.

NEW CHOOKS

Just got some new chickens for ourselves and some more that we are quarantining for Paul. Paul took the 9 silver laced girls and 3 others so I felt lost without my tribe. They are such nice friendly birds. But we are back to a 49 head count and I am happy...until he wants to take others back hehe.

Ours
3 Isa Brown x hens
The steers are starting to feel more comfortable with us.
They still bolted when I went near though.
2 Leghorn hens *NEW
1 Leghorn rooster *NEW
3 Australorp hens *NEW
1 Australorp  rooster *NEW
25 Pymouth Rocks - the best will be for breeding and the rest for meat

Paul's
3 Light Sussex hens
Big speckled rooster, Langshan, & Light Sussex
1 Langshan hen
4 Buff Sussex hens
2 Buff Sussex roosters
1 hen (can't remember the breed)
1 speckled rooster
1 large (but not fully grown) speckled rooster 


MORE CREATIONS


A Frenchie doll ready to be sent to her new home in Victoria.
I make these as custom orders.
Tonight's Christmas Decoration, thinking of
doing a few as teacher gifts and thank yous.








TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING.
On Monday I received a text from a friend '...Just wondering if you could put your thinking cap on and make Miss B some fabric tea bags?...' Well I did and this is how they turned out. Do you like them? Cute aren't they. Best of all, I made Miss B, my girls and two blessed 'blog followers' some. Just comment below this blog that you would like some and on Sunday I'll announce the two randomly-picked blog followers. Easy as! I'll then just need your postal address.

Happy rest of your week.
Chat soon, Mel xo

5 comments:

  1. Love the tea bags! Gorgeous - if only my girl was still small! Great post for the Garden Journal! How do you find having roosters? It is something I am considering... apparently they help keep Miss Foxy Loxy away. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if roosters will keep foxes away, but they will probably alert you to them. Then again, if the fox came at night, the roosters may not be too alert anyway. Friends have had problems with Tassie Devils and Quolls and I would have said they were fairly equivalent to the Fox in terms of their chicken mission.

      Delete
  2. My Miss B will LOVE those teabags. It sure is going to save me $ on real teabags because I won't have to share mine anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous doll Mel. Will look great in Vic.

    ReplyDelete