Monday 23 July 2012

Raspberry and Pear Muffins

Blog recovery: originally Sunday 15th July 2012

I did some baking this afternoon. Muffins for the freezer. That way they make easy recess snacks. I have included the recipe I modified from a Grandma's Recipes cookbook that I have.


My pear and raspberry muffins
3C SR wholemeal flour (regular SR flour can also be used)
3/4C raw sugar
125g butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1C milk
1 1/3C raspberries
1 ½ pears, blended – my babies got the other half a pear

Mix the flour and sugar
Mix together melted butter, eggs, and milk
Combine dry and wet ingredients
Fold in raspberries and pear

mini muffins look great on display
   
mmm...cooling. Just look at those raspberries
  
Bake on 190oC until tops are browned and knife comes out clean when put into the middle of the muffin.Spoon into large muffin pans, I made approx 12.

A gift from my sister, salt n pepper set. 
I loved these, and they look so very real.
My nutter dog relaxing
in front of the fire

Update time: 
No ducks :( It's amazing how 6 ducks can just vanish...but they have.

Essie is getting very big. She has long, lanky legs and is getting better at helping with the chooks. They aren't scared of her though. Tonight, while I was counting that they were all in the house, they were pecking at her while she sat at my feet. She just sat there and took it. 

The next big project I have is to paint strip and beeswax an old 1960s(?) children's cupboard and set of drawers. They will go in the babies' room.

No comments:

Post a Comment