Monday 23 July 2012

Playground, Patience and Painting

Blog recovery: originally Wednesday 27th June 2012

Playground:
We have family here at the moment and we have been creating a playground for the kids, the big ones too. We have designed one with round pine posts, with triangle ends and a top bar :) My brother-in-law is also adding some chin-up bars. Looking forward to the kids being able to play on it. We haven't had a swing set since we left Victoria over 18 months ago and I do think the kids have missed it.

Patience:
We went into Burnie yesterday and I had my first of 'those parenting moments' as my 3 year-old didn't like my parenting choice and let the whole of Burnie know of her disapproval. She screamed from Toyworld all the way back to the car. Halfway though, my sister took her from me as I was at my wit's end. What can you do in public when your child will just NOT stop?!? Nothing, but hold your chin high and keep on keeping on. I was so very upset. She has never carried on like that before. All because I wasn't going to argue with her. Grrr.
She was much more pleasant today. I think she understood.

Painting:
We have painted the hallway and started on the bathroom. Hallway: from a light plum with a 90s border to chalkdust (a soft white). Bathroom: from maroon to chalkdust. Such a lighten up; we are putting our touch on the house.

Pictures tomorrow.

Chookens are all well. The new rooster is settling in (or, should I say, the other one is accepting him a bit more ;)
More were free-range today as they flew over the pen fence. They are able to get back in but two were found in the hayshed and needed to be put back.

Life is good. So happy to be living here and making it ours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment