Wednesday 1 August 2012

Why I live where I live

Just a simple blog for you tonight.
For years we lived on your average suburban block and are now LOVING the space that surrounds us. We are also surrounded by large farming properties making it feel bigger than it actually is.
We have a great community around us. If we need anything people are willing to help out. Best of all, people don't offer unless they mean it. We are slowly meeting more people and creating some great life-long friendships with like minded people.
Best of all, we have the lifestyle I (we) have been longing for. I'm sure people think we are nuts, jumping in with so many chooks, the steers and lambs to come but this is what we want life to be.
I miss family and close friends back in Victoria, terribly some days but I wouldn't live anywhere else!

Some pics for you.


 













Now I didn't get a response for the kids' teabags, so I will open it up. Just comment here, on FB, or Google+ and I will send them out to the first two people to respond.

Enjoy your week :)


2 comments:

  1. We enjoy you telling us how much you enjoy living the country life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam has just realised as we read this together that it is you! He's smiling! I am so happy for you - I remember conversations with you years ago about your dream for this. We shared the same one too, now our land is a little smaller than yours. I am so thankful to God for his provision! xxx That book looks great. Long-term we strive to be as self-sufficient as possible, I have lots of work to do! And I need to learn how to wood work! xx

    ReplyDelete