Wednesday 28 August 2013

Catch up - part 2

Mable
Richard the Lionheart 
On Sunday after church we headed off to Gunns Plains again to collect two more kids, goat kids. 
Meet Richard the Lionheart, named so because at only a day old he was showing the dog that he was boss, and sweet little Mable. The poor dog thinks they are dogs and is puzzled as to why they will not play with her.

We sold Kevin to a most lovely family up the road so we could get Mable and I bought Richard as well. Some girls like saving up to buy clothes, for me, a goat will do.

b. 22.08.13 Mable's mother is a Nubian x Tog
b. 24.08.2013 Richard's mother is a Saacen and a great dairy goat.


Mable has the most beautiful colourings and semi floppy ears.
Meeting and playing on Sunday.
Neville is now the big boy of the yard.

 

3 comments:

  1. More and more... kids... wonderful, Mel & they look happy, even with Essie around (I wonder what will happen to that dog when she meets a real herding dog herself ???) Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you that goats are DUMB and you will rue the day you ever wanted one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, I would buy chickens or flowers - mmm goats if I had fences! How are you feeling? So happy to hear your news xxxx love to you my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete