Friday 16 August 2013

Adding kidlets to the family farm

Today I collected two adorable kids from Mathom Goat Farm at Gunns Plains.

Meet Kevin and Neville (I wanted to name him Dave but it is my dad's and a friend's name and Aj suggested Neville instead). They are 4 and 3 weeks old and did I say how adorable they were?

They are living in the old chicken house for the time being and we will probably use it as their sleeping quarters as they get older. I am bottle feeding them twice a day and they are able to nibble on the grass and explore, under supervision :)

The dog is fascinated!!! They have four legs like her but make this strange bleating sound, hehe. The goats aren't scared of Essie too much, which is good, but they are wary.



















This is my Koala softie. What do you think of my latest creation? I am so happy with how it turned out. It'll be up on the Etsy page tomorrow if all goes to plan. 

Smoothies...mmm...tonight's supper treat.

2 punnets of strawberries
2 pears
1 kiwi fruit
and 1 large orange

Refreshing and oh so good!

Happy Weekend All!!!


4 comments:

  1. Love the new kids!! And the softie!!! Looks like you're doing great Mel :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific, Mel...
    Great creation ...
    not to mention Essie's new 'toys'.
    Does she try shepherd them like the
    Guinea Fowl ??
    & Yummy smoothie, too !
    N&S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie thinks that they are dogs and is puzzled as to why they won't play with her. Rather funny to watch.

      Delete