Saturday 2 February 2013

School book, farm happenings and a funny thing

It's Friday!!! AND the first of Feburary. 
Aj went back to work on Tuesday so this week has been a 'blahhh' sort of week. The students all start on Monday so the years activities like playgroup and library sections will start soon to. I'm sure I'll feel better once the year is in fully swing.


SCHOOL BOOKS
We went into the school yesterday, meet MrT's teacher, saw his class room and collected uniform and books. It was then home to contact the books. MissZ had fun creating with the scraps. 


I was taught how to laminate books in grade four. I am not sure why but I remember us all sitting at our desks covering our books. I was (and still are) a perfectionist so hated bubbles. I'd much rather get a new book than have bubbles in it :D I found this great tutorial on Kelly's page. I use the cut off corners on the inside corners of the book for extra strength. For the books that MrT has, exercise books, you don't even need to cut a spine notch as the contact can go between the cover and the pages.

FARM HAPPENINGS
  • We have a duck and Light Sussex hen, sharing a nesting box and 21 eggs. 
  • We have six new ducks, five for the freezer, one for eggs.
  • Our chickens are hardly laying at the moment. Although a few people around here are experiencing the same issue with theirs. 

A FUNNY THING

I was heading out to a friends last night and my man and dog were looking just like a photo from a Country Style mag. Of course she moved when I pulled out my phone. Sitting in the car trying not to take a photo of the window frame, I called Essie to look at me. Photo1 is Essie leaping through the open window of the car, muddy paws and all. Photo2 is me getting a 'looks similar to what I had in mind' photo. And yes, Country Style would have told Aj to wear dark coloured socks lol

 

Enjoy your weekend all XOX

Yes it is Saturday the 2nd of February at the time of publishing.
Today has been great with apple pies made, lemon cordial and two ducks slaughter; one in the slow cooker as we speak. Nothing fresher than that hey.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of the hill-billies together - send us a full size ? (not the Essie 'shadow') - N
    S - Did a lot of book covering in the school library. Knife to slash with and a ruler to spread the contact and prevent bubbles. Any bubbles - prick with a pin and all the air can be expelled. Love, Mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete