Saturday 12 January 2013

Yes, I do!!!

A friend wrote a blog and the first line was Some days I have sad days. Do you ever? My answer is yes, I do. I don't always know the reason. Sometimes it is simple things like the weather being overcast or a piece of creative work not happening the right way. Other times the reasons are more major. It is ok to have such days. Without these days we wouldn't be able to really appreciate the happy days, I don't think anyway.

Someone today said to me today 'I don't know how you do it', my answer 'Some days, just one foot in front of the other'. And that is ok. We put too much pressure on ourselves and others to lead these wonderful perfect lives but this only happens on the TV and they are fictional. Real lives have their ups and downs and we just learn to live with them. I have four independent, stubborn, beautifully loud children. My house is never spotless, there are always things on the counter top (which I hate, but often it includes my own things), crumbs and toys on the floor and I have days where I just can't be bothered.
Roses make me feel happy, comfortable and at home :) 
My response to my friend's blog:
This, Rach, is one of the major reasons I got off facebook. I feel this often. I have many people around me but don’t feel they all get or want to understand me or the way of life we are wanting for our family. I think of you often Rach, and although our two families do things differently, I know that you would understand and I take comfort in that. Never give up and give feel bad for having a cry, better to get it out than bottle it up. Much love!!!

Never give up peoples! Be yourself and be free to be so. xox

2 comments:

  1. Dragging along, gilding along or flying, it's always worth the day (occasionally in the end, after it has passed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, very encouraging!!!! I too feel the pressure (though often from myself) but i reckon if i just relaxed about it all, and just accepted and went with the flow of my feelings more often (honesty but without wallowing), i'd feel at least 50% better on those days!!!

    ReplyDelete