Tuesday 23 October 2012

Spending time


Spending time with your kids is so important. I take my hat off to those who work (outside the home) part/full time, do the household stuff and find time for their kids. Why am I thinking of all of this? Well Aj is on camp and my work load here at home doubles. It gets me thinking about different families and the way they do things or are seen to be doing things.

I’m sitting here listening to MissZ creating all sorts of cut-up-paper pictures and drawing as she sits across the table from me. We are chatting and creating together in between sentences :)


I have never been one to stop all that I do and spend loads of time with my kids. I do housework and my cooking ect with them about. I find it hard to balance the household chores and time with the kids. I am finding it especially hard now that the twins are older and both wanting me to hold them or spend time with them. I have been making a conscious effort to spend time with Z, whether it be a walk in the garden, unlocking the chooks & checking for eggs or helping her learn to write. It is the perfect time while the twins sleep and MrT is at school.

Life moves faster when you are an adult and I have only one chance to spend time with my kids at this age. I have to treasure the moments.
I found this great page with 100 ways to spend time with your kids. Number one is to ASK THEM what they want to do. Number two is MAKE THE TIME. It is so easy to use the household chores as an excuse but they will be there tomorrow waiting, I promise ;)

It is hard to just sitting patiently being told what to write or draw or how to play dolls house but the benefits far out way the time.  Miss Z just loves the one on one. while I have noticed a behaviour difference in MrT, he is more settled and I guess more willing to help out and do as he is asked.
The babies aren’t fussed on how the time is spent, but they especially love it when Aj gets home from school, lays down on the floor and lets them climb all over him.

Happy Tuesday all. The sun is now gone and I'm off to light the fire :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel, loving your posts thanks so much for sharing your journey. Time does fly before you know it twins turn into tweens and then your going bra shopping! I hear what you're saying about taking time it's so hard sometimes but so worth it and I wish everyday that I could spend more time with my girls. Keep up the hard work, it pays off in the long run. xx

    ReplyDelete