Monday 8 October 2012

A simple garden project

A simple garden project was called for today.
It was beautiful and sunny outside and I wasn't too interested in playing cars so outside we went.

This simple five step project is great for little hands and Miss Z really enjoyed getting her hands dirty for this one. As Bob the Builder says: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. And I have old cupboard drawers, compost bin dirt, and reduced-to-clear plants.



STEP 1 - Line the draws with waterproof material and trim off excess.
STEP 2 - Fill with composted dirt
STEP 3 - Plant your vegetables/plants. I used Baby Spinach, Leek and a few extras that I had about. I planted the veggies closer than what they recommend as we will be using them as they grow and they will never need the recommended space.
STEP 4 - Water them in.
STEP 5 - Clean up the area and put away tools.

Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment