Saturday 25 May 2013

A productive day!

How do you get done all that needs to be done? I have a notebook and write down my jobs/tasks. Most days I only get a few things ticked off but today I got heaps done. I had a refreshing bout of motivation today. My mother would be so proud...haha!



I bottled some chutney. I pulled the glass jars out of the oven and put them onto the stove top. The second one I did though cracked. I had placed it right on top of some water. A hot jar on cold water does not mix…and to think I had laughed at my mum when she did something similar when we were bottling apples. Oops.


Miss Z and I paved under the wheelie bin today. We have a stash of old bricks for a path around the house. We took the wheelbarrow and collected some from the front shed. One short we were...back we go. All done and looking much better. It was fun. Not sure how I will go getting a large area like a pathway flat and level but this small job was fine.


The calves are now eating the grass down properly. Can you see the zigzag line of eaten and fresh grass? Aj has worked out a great system for grazing them. They need to eat it down so that it comes back well. Otherwise they will just eat the new fresh shoots and the grass will grow uneven. He's a great farmer in the making I say.



No comments:

Post a Comment