Saturday 27 April 2013

Bottling and Preserving

It is school HOLIDAYS!!! I LOVE HOLIDAYS!!!
(blog started Friday night)
draining the liquid
reducing/thickening

This Wednesday gone I attended a Bottling and Preserving Course with Rural Health.
There were 10 recipes and as it turned out 10 course participants so we took a recipe each. I took the marmalade as I have not ever made a marmalade before and as it turned out, I choose the hardest one ;) Lots of peeling, slicing the peel and boiling...and I had to write out my labels as there were not any left. 


It was a great experience to be working with people from our community that I had not previously meet and to be learning in such a fun atmosphere. It renewed my passion for getting a Fowlers Preseving kit similier to this one. Although I will look out for new or secondhand one on ebay or gumtree. I have also asked my mum for all of her old fowler  jars.


I have been preserving apples too; straps/roll ups, pies, dried rings, apples in jars (for crumbles or pies) and also been adding them to the sauces.

So as we sit now, just having finished watching a movie, jars are popping (sealing) and Aj chuckles as they do so.
combined goodies
what I bought home with me




I finished painting a car track on some MDF to go into a old cupboard draw. The kids love it and it keeps the track and cars contained.


I have painted a wall in the kids room, a nice neutral grey, I have also painted a set of draws in the same colour. The plan is to glue a map on the draw front. More pics as I get more done.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment