Friday 8 March 2013

Break through

We have had a break though with Mr T's behaviour!!!
While I saw aspects of many different disorders (lack of a better word) like aspergers, ADHD, or Executive Function, he never seemed to fit into the title properly. For example, too social or able to remember a sequence of tasks given. And their is a heart of gold there who seemed really upset when he did the wrong thing. 

I am not claiming to be an expert in these things but I have worked with teenagers with learning difficulties before kids and my mum has also had many years experience.

Why the change:
* he has been moved away from his classmates - helps with concentration and stops him getting into trouble as he cannot be bothered or be a bother to the person sitting beside him.
* He is getting harder work.
* I have stopped all sugary food in the lunch box. Really just my homemade cookie. He needs energy (the Graham's get tired and grumpy without food) but he is getting it through fruit and lots of it. His sandwich filling hasn't changed and I am giving him vegie chips (natural) as a snack/box filler.
* We have changed the night time routine so the the younger three kids go to bed and then we sit with Mr T and do spelling, reader etc He copes better on a full tummy, and without the distractions of his siblings. 
AND
* We have changed our prayer focus over him. Who would have thought...we should have done it agers ago!!! Praise God!

We have our cheery, beautiful little boy back. I see a change in our household too. He is happy to share toys that a week ago he would have made such a fuss over. A friend yesterday said that I seemed happy too. I am, I feel as though a weight has been lifted!

The other break though, my first sale on madeit. Some shoes. I am excited as sales mean more creating, like my latest brooches.

Have a wonderful weekend all.

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear about little Mr T... and I love your brooch.

    been thinking about you LOTS lately and haven't had the get-up to contact, can you please email me your address again? Love ya xx Rach

    ReplyDelete